25 May 2008

Kristofferson's words I live by

If you waste your time a-talkin' to the people who don't listen,

To the things that you are sayin', who do you think's gonna hear?

And if you should die explainin' how the things that they complain about

Are things they could be changin', who do you think's gonna care?

There were other lonely singers in a world turned deaf and blind

Who were crucified for what they tried to show.

And their voices have been scattered by the swirling winds of time.

'Cos the truth remains that no-one wants to know.

And you still can hear me singin' to the people who don't listen

To the things that I am sayin', prayin' someone's gonna hear.

And I guess I'll die explaining how the things that they complain about

Are things they could be changin', hopin' someone's gonna care.

I was born a lonely singer, and I'm bound to die the same

But I've got to feed the hunger in my soul.

And if I never have a nickle, I won't ever die ashamed.

'Cos I don't believe that no-one wants to know.